JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goooooooal!

Are you suffering from World Cup soccer withdrawal yet? If so, here's one last tantalizing taste. (If not, what, are you made of stone?!) I think you would have to be after seeing this goal at the 1:35 mark.

After that down-to-the-wire goal (It truly was a magnificent goal! They were about to move to a shootout, of which I am not a fan!), I wanted to see a list of the tally of winners over the years. I always need to see things in writing; I guess I process information better that way. I visited the FIFA World Cup Archive page and dug up this:

5 wins   Brazil
4 wins   Italy
3 wins   Germany
2 wins   Argentina
2 wins   Uruguay
1 win   England
1 win   France
1 win   Spain

Am I the only one that didn't know that Uruguay had won two and that the very first World Cup was held in Montevideo? Or did the rest of you also fall victim to the downfall of watching soccer on a big screen with no sound? Be sure to poke around some more on the FIFA site. You can see footage from old World Cup games, photos, and just about any nitpicky statistic you could dream up.

Maybe if I scour the site often enough, I'll understand all the rules by the time Brazil 2014 rolls around. You think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...