JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Summertime Reading!

This comic called “The Neighbors,” published in the The Clarion-Ledger on July 3, 1954, pretty much sums up most of us book lovers (and hoarders):

The woman says, “Put those books you plan to read this summer here with the ones you meant to read last year,” as the gentleman is about to haul two stacks of books (I counted about 7 books in each stack) to the trunk of their car for their summer vacation.  Maybe it was a bit of wishful thinking on his part.  Do you ever feel like you have a ton of books you want to read, but too little time?  If you ever get a chance to visit us you should check out our current display case of Mississippi authors and other Mississippi fiction titles (I’m not helping, I know) in our Mississippi Collection!  Here’s a peek:



So, what's on YOUR summer reading list?  Do you need suggestions?  Let us know!  There's nothing like going on a mental vacation with a good book!


Clark, George. “The Neighbors.” Comic strip. The Clarion-Ledger [Jackson] 3 July 1954, CXVII ed.: 4. Print.

1 comment:

  1. I have a HUGE stack piled up in my closet. I have even more loaded up on my Kindle app. I have big aspirations of finishing most of these before summer is over. I know I'm dreaming! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...