- Beetle Bailey's sister is Lois, from the comic strip Hi and Lois.
- If you are bitten by a snake, you should bring said snake with you to the emergency room for identification. It is best to verify that the snake is dead. Antivenom is scarce enough that a snakebite must be deemed "serious" before it is administered.
- Macedonians have not one, but two rotting beverages that they enjoy imbibing. All right, juva and boza aren't actually "rotten," but fermented. Juva is fermented cabbage juice and boza is a fermented wheat drink.
- Bamboo should have "bright indirect light."
- Back in 1909, there was a feud between the Newmans and Prichards down in Meadville, MS. The deadly feud seems to have started either because a Dr. Newman won the position of Chancery Court Clerk or because of an anonymous letter disparaging the reputation of a female relative of the Prichards.
My favorite question this week, though, was asked by a young patron who wanted to know more about Bunny and Clyde. (Wink, wink.)