JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Friday, December 5, 2014

Flashback Fifty-Nine

Last week I used the microfilm reader to locate an obituary from the April 1959 Clarion-Ledger. Not only did I find the death notice, I also stumbled upon these ads that tickled my funny bone.

This stuff is like magic! I almost want to try it myself. Not only was this wonder product completely harmless, it was also cheap, easy to use, and didn't fade. It's hard to believe Canute Water is not available at all drug stores anymore.


The Lamar Theater believed in covering all their bases; they were emphatically not responsible if one looked too long at the Gamma Ray Monster. "Vicious, hideous love-killers" are pretty scary, y'all. (IMDb claims that First Man into Space isn't half bad.)

I do believe that I found the forerunner to Spanx. I wish I could read the free picture booklet, though. I'd love to find out how wearing the RelaxAcizor was fun and healthful.

Don't forget to give us a call when you need help tracking down old newspaper items. I love an excuse to pore over old microfilm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...