JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Monday, May 6, 2019

Let's Talk about Game of Thrones

Did you watch the latest episode of Game of Thrones last night? Yes? Great! DON'T YOU DARE TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED. As I've gotten older, and the number of ways I can access television shows has increased, I've become worse and worse about tuning in when I'm "supposed" to do so. Most of the time, it doesn't matter, but Game of Thrones has turned into one of the most watched/most talked about shows in recent history. I started watching during the first season and have been glued to the show ever since. (This is one of those times where I've watched before I've read. That will come after the end of this season.) Although I'll be avoiding the tangled web of spoilers that is the Internet all day long, let me share with you my tongue-in-cheek look at what some of my favorite characters would be reading if they stopped by MLC to check out a few books. You can view the entire list here.


One of the things I've enjoyed most about the series is the extremely large cast of well-developed characters. Watching people grow and change (and yes, sometimes die) over the past seven seasons has been a non-stop roller coaster. (I figure those breaks between seasons are akin to pausing at the top of a particularly tall drop.) If you have any GoT book suggestions, especially for characters I didn't mention, please feel free to leave them in the comments. Until next time, happy reading! (And watching!)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...