JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Monday, December 18, 2023

Read with MLC: 2024 Reading Challenge


Elisabeth Scott
Reference Librarian

I don't know if you've noticed, but the angels are heralding, the treetops are glistening, and 2024 is nigh upon us. If you're anything like me, you're already cheating on your 2023 reads (Sorry! I promise I'll finish you next week!) by poring over all of the "best of 2023" book lists and checking out the 2024 reading challenges. I think I like planning what I'm going to read almost as much as snuggling down with a good book. (Of course, I always reserve the option toss all my planning and lists away to snag a book from a library shelf.) Like last year, the Mississippi Library Commission partnered again with the Mississippi Center for the Book (MS CFB) to create another reading challenge for you, our beloved readers.

We wanted to construct a reading challenge to capture your interests and make you think outside of the box, instead of making reading an insurmountable chore. Each category was lovingly selected by a small committee of MLC staff, which was headed by MS CFB Director Tracy Carr. We'll check back with reading ideas each month, and we'd love to hear from you to find out which books you've chosen for each monthly category. Remember, your local public librarian is always an excellent source to find something good to read, as is our MLC BookMatch service. Happy reading in 2024!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...