Currently, more than two million people use computers in public libraries for job searches, completing job applications, job and skills training, computer classes and other Internet uses.
How It Works
- State agencies and businesses register for an account to list equipment for donation on database. Donating entities are strongly encouraged to adhere to internal policies/ procedures for disposal of property.
- Mississippi public libraries register for an account and log in to database to browse and request available donated equipment. Equipment requests are on a first come, first serve basis.
Minimum Specifications for Donated Equipment
- 1 GB Memory
- 80 GB Hard Drive
- All power cords and cables
- Hard drive installed and cleaned
- Network interface card and/or Wi-Fi card installed
- Windows XP; or
Windows Vista; or