- Alfred Butts invented the original concept of the Scrabble game in 1938.
- You can join the National Scrabble Association or form your own Scrabble club.
- The first official Scrabble Dictionary was created in 1978 using the top five dictionaries in North America.
- Chuck Woolery, the popular game show host, brought Scrabble to the small screen in a 80's TV version.
- There were some censoring issues concerning some "objectionable words", but Scrabble solved the problem by coming out with one dictionary for family play and a separate one for tournament play.
- Check out the book Word Freak by Stephen Fatsis who did some in-depth Scrabble sleuthing.
Scrabble on, Scrabble dudes!