JavaScript disabled or chat unavailable.

Have a question?

We have answers!
Chat Monday-Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM (except MS state holidays)
Phone: 601-432-4492 or Toll free: 1-877-KWIK-REF (1-877-594-5733)
Text: 601-208-0868
Email: mlcref@mlc.lib.ms.us

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Stories from the Road: Grenada

Having lived in Memphis for many years, I've traveled I-55 more times than I can count. Grenada was the natural stopping place for potty breaks for my then young daughter, along with a much needed snack. I never really saw much of the town beyond the interstate corridor, though.

I recently had the chance to visit Grenada with my road companion, Lacy Ellinwood, a consultant here at MLC. Of course, you guys know me by now... any time there is mention of a road trip, I'm in. We decided to leave a bit early so we could have lunch at Spencer's Dairy Kream. It came highly recommended and was certainly a great spot. The peach milkshake alone was worth the drive.


Lacy Ellinwood (left) and Crystal Osborne (right)
After a delish lunch, Lacy and I headed over to the library (even though I was wishing I could take a nap!) We were met by Elizabeth Jones Library Director Crystal Osborne. This library has a very welcoming space which was still decked out in summer reading program decorations. It was filled with patrons and you could tell that the library is an important stop for many residents of Grenada.



We chatted for a long while with Crystal and learned some great stories about her history with the library. She worked there when she was younger and knew that someday she wanted to direct the mission of this important part of the Grenada landscape. She told us about some of the meaningful programming she is doing now at the library, including senior bingo events. Crystal said that events like these really mean a lot to members of the community. Keep up the great work Crystal, and thanks so much for the great visit. Keep a spot open for us at the bingo table; we want to play, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...